The Greater L-A Triple Crown 5K Series
Auburn Savings is a proud sponsor of the Greater L-A Triple Crown 5K Series, a set of three annual 5K road races in Lewiston-Auburn that take place over the course of three summer months—June, July, and August—each year. The goal of the race series is to promote healthy activities as well as to raise awareness and support for three charitable community organizations: The Auburn-Lewiston YMCA, the Fletcher Foundation, and the Bridge Run Foundation.
Auburn Savings has been a part of the fabric of Lewiston and Auburn for more than a century, which is why when the opportunity to become involved in the race series presented itself we knew it was something we wanted to get behind: Not only does the race entice people to be more active, improving the health of our community, but it acts as a catalyst in bringing us together, all while having fun.
We first became involved in 2013 with Emily’s Run, one part of the three-race series which also includes a Fit Fest race and Bridge Run course. We provided route supporters to help guide and greet runners for Emily’s Run, as well as donating fresh fruit for post-race refreshments from our charitable committee, the Jeans Day Committee. After that initial event, we were hooked.
Since then the bank has been an official sponsor of the Greater L-A Triple Crown 5K Series and has continued to provide fruit and staff to greet runners/walkers as they grab a snack after the races. It’s a wonderful way for us to connect with our community outside of the bank, have some fun, and support local organizations—all things that our bank holds at the core of our values.
What we also really like about this three-part event is that all funds raised stay right here in this community. The Fit Fest (June 11, 2017. Coming right up!) benefits the Auburn-Lewiston YMCA and proceeds fund youth programs there. Emily’s Run (July 23, 2017) benefits the Fletcher Foundation which provides college scholarships to student athletes at Edward Little High School (one of our neighbors) and makes a significant donation to the Auburn Public Library. The established relationships that Auburn Savings has with both The Fletcher Foundation and The Auburn Public Library make this race particularly special to us, which is why we sponsor, volunteer, and participate in Emily’s Run every year.
The Bridge Run (August 27, 2017) benefits the Bridge Run Foundation which funds outdoor adventure programs for local at-risk teens and also pays for Triple Crown registration fees for kids under age 14.
We are honored to be part of the Greater L-A Triple Crown 5K Series, and to do our part in helping support these wonderful local organizations. But we don’t just serve snacks at the races—some of us run, too! Look for Alicia and me on the course on race day. And if you want to join us, registration is still open at www.triplecrown5k.com. We’ll see you at the starting line!
Deposit QC Coordinator/Teller II
- Auburn Savings Bank Promotes Two Employees to Top Positions, Hires Another
- Figure Out Your Home Equity
- Fundraising to support The American Cancer Society
- Teach Children How Money Works–Open a Passbook Savings Account
- The BackPack Project, More than School Supplies
- A little financial foresight can get you the vacation you deserve
- Escrow: taxes, insurance, and peace of mind all rolled into one payment
- The Greater L-A Triple Crown 5K Series
- Private Mortgage Insurance an Option
- The Cost of Closing on Your Dream Home
- 3 Ways We Make Deposits Easy
- My Life, My Account – Why Click Connect Checking works for me
- Sponsoring Dreams – Going full throttle to support ambition
- Our Jeans Day Fund Gives Back
- Why a Certificate of Deposit could help boost your saving potential
- St. Martin de Porres Residence Receives Collected Nonperishables, $500 Donation
- A Message from the President of Auburn Savings, Bill Tracy