A little financial foresight can get you the vacation you deserve
Going on a vacation during the summer is on everyone’s bucket list. Who doesn’t want to spend quality time with their loved ones while soaking up the sun away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life? Saving money for a dream vacation can seem like a daunting task. Here are a few easy steps to help get you on the beach with your toes in the sand.
Have a designated vacation savings account
An easy way to start saving money for that dream vacation is to open a separate savings account for just vacation expenses. Setting up a separate account will ensure you are not dipping into your vacation fund for everyday expenses (groceries, gas, etc.). It’s also a great way to see all your hard work pay off as you watch your money grow—knowing it’s going directly to some much needed time away.
Set up recurring transfers
If your paycheck gets directly deposited into your account, another great way to work on saving for your trip is to set up recurring transfers, whether that means $5.00 or $100.00 a week. Setting up recurring transfers is as simple as logging into Auburn OnLine and designating the amount of money to be transferred.
Use a debit card that rewards you
Does your current debit card offer you cash back on purchases? A great way to save money is to make money while you’re spending it! Auburn Savings’ Click Connect Checking and Complete Connect Checking accounts offer cash back on purchases when using your debit card, and these rewards could go directly into your vacation account!
Here at Auburn Savings, we want to help you achieve all your financial goals, including being able fly off to a tropical location to enjoy some rest and relaxation. Come in today and see how easy it is to set up a savings account and ask about our checking accounts that give money back!
- Auburn Savings Bank Promotes Two Employees to Top Positions, Hires Another
- Figure Out Your Home Equity
- Fundraising to support The American Cancer Society
- Teach Children How Money Works–Open a Passbook Savings Account
- The BackPack Project, More than School Supplies
- A little financial foresight can get you the vacation you deserve
- Escrow: taxes, insurance, and peace of mind all rolled into one payment
- The Greater L-A Triple Crown 5K Series
- Private Mortgage Insurance an Option
- The Cost of Closing on Your Dream Home
- 3 Ways We Make Deposits Easy
- My Life, My Account – Why Click Connect Checking works for me
- Sponsoring Dreams – Going full throttle to support ambition
- Our Jeans Day Fund Gives Back
- Why a Certificate of Deposit could help boost your saving potential
- St. Martin de Porres Residence Receives Collected Nonperishables, $500 Donation
- A Message from the President of Auburn Savings, Bill Tracy