Escrow: taxes, insurance, and peace of mind all rolled into one payment
The word “escrow” is tossed around a lot during the home loan process. Do you want to escrow for taxes and insurance? Do you want escrow for taxes only? Insurance only? What are the benefits of escrow?
An escrow account is an account tied to your mortgage where your mortgage servicer keeps funds in order to pay your homeowners insurance and property taxes. When you make your monthly mortgage payment, a portion of that payment is deposited into the escrow account to sit and wait until those bills are due. These funds also earn interest.
When you escrow for your property taxes and insurance, it allows you piece-of-mind that those items are being paid in a timely manner. It also allows you an easy way to set aside the funds needed for those bills without having to think about it. You can make your regular mortgage payment and we take care of the rest.
When you escrow with us, your payment is going to be adjusted yearly to take into account any changes in homeowners insurance or property tax amounts. We will send out a statement at the time of the change detailing what your new payment amount will be and if you have an escrow shortage or surplus. While we do our best to enter the details accurately to avoid any underfunding of your account or excess balances, please sure you carefully review this statement when it arrives and call with any questions you may have.
Escrowing is an easy and convenient way to stay on top of your property taxes and homeowners insurance. If you do not currently escrow but would like to, please contact our servicing department at (207) 782-6871.
- Auburn Savings Bank Promotes Two Employees to Top Positions, Hires Another
- Figure Out Your Home Equity
- Fundraising to support The American Cancer Society
- Teach Children How Money Works–Open a Passbook Savings Account
- The BackPack Project, More than School Supplies
- A little financial foresight can get you the vacation you deserve
- Escrow: taxes, insurance, and peace of mind all rolled into one payment
- The Greater L-A Triple Crown 5K Series
- Private Mortgage Insurance an Option
- The Cost of Closing on Your Dream Home
- 3 Ways We Make Deposits Easy
- My Life, My Account – Why Click Connect Checking works for me
- Sponsoring Dreams – Going full throttle to support ambition
- Our Jeans Day Fund Gives Back
- Why a Certificate of Deposit could help boost your saving potential
- St. Martin de Porres Residence Receives Collected Nonperishables, $500 Donation
- A Message from the President of Auburn Savings, Bill Tracy