St. Martin de Porres Residence Receives Collected Nonperishables, $500 Donation
St. Martin de Porres Residence is a shelter for homeless men and women of our community. Located on Bartlett Street in Lewiston, the shelter receives no government funding, relying, instead, on community support and donations. They are currently in the process of opening up a women's shelter.
Homelessness increased from 2015 to 2016, according to Maine State Housing Authority’s January 2016 “Point in Time Survey.” Individuals experiencing homelessness went up by 2.5% from 755 to 775. Homeless families also increased 9% from 379 to 417, with an 8.5% increase in children experiencing homelessness. In their mission to help members of our community who are struggling, St. Martin de Porres Residence shelters more than 150 people a year right here in Lewiston-Auburn.
As the days remain frigid this February, it’s important to remember that not everyone has a safe and warm place to go. That’s why we felt it important to support the efforts at St. Martin de Porres Residence, and, in turn, the homeless members of our community.
If you’d like to help, The Residence is always accepting donations of nonperishable food items, as well as personal care items.
- Auburn Savings Bank Promotes Two Employees to Top Positions, Hires Another
- Figure Out Your Home Equity
- Fundraising to support The American Cancer Society
- Teach Children How Money Works–Open a Passbook Savings Account
- The BackPack Project, More than School Supplies
- A little financial foresight can get you the vacation you deserve
- Escrow: taxes, insurance, and peace of mind all rolled into one payment
- The Greater L-A Triple Crown 5K Series
- Private Mortgage Insurance an Option
- The Cost of Closing on Your Dream Home
- 3 Ways We Make Deposits Easy
- My Life, My Account – Why Click Connect Checking works for me
- Sponsoring Dreams – Going full throttle to support ambition
- Our Jeans Day Fund Gives Back
- Why a Certificate of Deposit could help boost your saving potential
- St. Martin de Porres Residence Receives Collected Nonperishables, $500 Donation
- A Message from the President of Auburn Savings, Bill Tracy